Careers at Diversified Communications US
We are located in downtown Portland, Maine, a city rich with culture, coastline and character. For more information about the Portland area, visit www.portlandmaine.com.
Discover what sets Diversified apart and makes it a great place to work. Diversified’s commitment to employee satisfaction is reflected in our generous benefit package.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Human Resources Department
121 Free Street, Portland, ME 04101
The following job openings are available at this time:
Customer Service Representative - IOFM Conference Team
Diversified Communications is seeking a Customer Service Representative to join our IOFM Conference team. This position will provide excellent front-line customer service and support to members of the IOFM community through computer applications, email correspondence and telephone related activities.
This full time, entry-level position is ideal for an adaptable and energetic team player who can tackle numerous administrative projects, a wide variety of data entry tasks, heavy customer communications and correspondence via phone and email with ease and competence.
If you enjoy delivering outstanding customer service and multi-tasking in a demanding, fast paced environment, this is the job for you. The ideal candidate will have strong customer service experience, solid knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook), top-notch communication skills and enjoy working in a team environment.
Manager eMarketing, SEO and SEM
Description – This Team manager works with the marketing teams to develop and implement an email strategy and success measurements. Develops touch point strategy to compliment email including social media, SEO and SEM campaigns. Supervises the email producers. This position is part of the centralized Marketing Communications department which collaborates with internal marketing teams and reports to the Marketing Communications Director.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
• Optimization & Execution - monitoring, testing and improving performance companywide in email marketing. Providing actionable recommendations and strategy to maximize ROI and meet/exceed needs and expectations of the business.
• Process improvement – develops and documents standard work flow and customer service level for team. Monitor design and messaging for brand standards. Responsible for understanding and monitoring adherence on international laws around email marketing.
• Leadership – Proven strong leadership skills and ability to innovate, take initiative and creatively solve problems.
• Must be user and customer experience driven
• Automation - Support the implementation of automated tools and processes with in email platform to maximize efficiency of day to day operations and the channel/platform as a whole.
• Planning and Reporting – Reviews SEO on sites and presents opportunities for further optimization
• Collaborate with the marketing teams to establish business needs, develop strategies and support execution
• Handles special projects as assigned
• Expert in email best practices
• Experience in email systems: ExactTarget, Informz and/or Magnet Mail experience a plus
• Strong understanding of Marketing statistics
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Understanding of design fundamentals
• Proven Team Manager
• Print ad experience a plus
• BA/BS required with 5+ years of relevant experience
Manager Print and Mail Production
This team manager will be the point person for all internal clients, as well as external print and promotion vendors. This position is part of the centralized Marketing Communications department which collaborates with internal marketing teams and reports to the Marketing Communications Director.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Responsible for all workflow systems and overall process efficiency in the Marketing Communications department including managing workflow for the team and project assignments by working closely with internal clients to understand their business needs and the Design Project Manager to understand resources. Monitors resources and communicates any concerns to Director.
• Provides informed and effective resource planning and schedule forecasting to meet deadlines and business needs, shortening turnaround times, and eliminate bottlenecks in production process.
• Manages relationship with existing printers and develops strategy on print resources and potential new print houses.
• Team manager to Marketing Communications Coordinator and Administrator
The ideal candidate must be extremely organized and have superior written and verbal communication skills, and experience in a customer service-focused environment. Proven leadership and management skills and ability to innovate, take initiative and creatively solve problems. A strong understanding of print process; design background a plus. BA/BS and 3+ years marketing production or related experience.
Exhibit Sales Manager
Diversified Communications is seeking a highly motivated, experienced sales manager to support the overall leadership and supervision of the Portland based and international Seafood sales team for global events, online media and publication. The successful candidate needs to be global minded, have exceptional communication and relationship building skills along with well- developed decision making skills.
This challenging and dynamic role will require the following skill set:
- Leads team in developing revenue opportunities, growing events and media properties with a global customer and prospect base
- Sets sales goals for the department and each team member
- Develops tracking plans for sales goals
- Manages sales activities for the team including prospecting, maintaining sales quotas and building account relationships
- Supports the sales team with key accounts and sales calls
- Develops sponsorship and product packages for events, online media and publication
- Team building, coaching, motivating sales team
- Staff development, conduct performance appraisals, performance management
- Hiring sales professionals
- Department budgeting and tracking of revenue
- Well versed in Microsoft Office and CMS systems
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally a must.
If you are a top sales producer, relish providing leadership and direction towards the achievement of maximum sales goals while delivering an outstanding experience to our exhibitors we want to hear from you!
Project Manager, Software Development
Diversified Communications is looking for a talented and dedicated individual to join our Project Management Office as a Project Manager. This role will be responsible for managing projects in support of software development, data integrations, system implementations and other associated technology initiatives. A qualified candidate will have experience managing technology projects using proven project management methodologies to ensure time, scope and cost objectives are successfully achieved.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
• Drive projects from conception to completion, managing all aspects including: scope definition, timeline planning, resource allocation, budget management, change control, risk management and communication.
• Use proven project management methodologies to ensure that time, scope and cost objectives are successfully achieved.
• Partner with business units and technical teams to develop project plans and define strategy, timeline, scope, resource requirements, cost requirements and areas of risk.
• Act as a liaison to the business, translating project goals and objectives to technical plans, requirements and process changes.
• Champion a culture of change to ensure business impacts are well defined, understood and embraced.
• Manage change to project scope through accepted change control processes.
• Monitor and report on project quality to management, stakeholders and sponsors, keeping all informed of the status and aware of changes in a timely manner.
• Balance competing priorities and resource conflicts to achieve goals and objectives across multiple projects.
• Identify project risks and manage effectively ensuring that that the correct approach or mitigation strategy is in place based on the situation.
• Ensure that roles, responsibilities, deadlines, objectives and expectations are understood by all project team members and stakeholders.
• Influence without direct authority and gain support needed to effectively lead technology and business team members.
• 3-5 years’ experience managing enterprise level software development and technology projects, or a comparable combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated ability to apply project management methodologies to effectively drive multiple projects to completion.
• Significant experience building project plans, timelines, work structures, risk mitigation strategies, scope management reports, communication plans and change management plans.
• Experience managing several project teams simultaneously and influencing without direct authority.
• Ability to create effective written materials including: communication plans, status reports, presentations, schedules, resource utilization models, task lists, analytical diagrams and charts.
• Exposure to gathering and documenting business requirements, reviewing solutions, analyzing business processes and systems.
• Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources to translate them into well organized, detailed requirements or business rules.
• Effective problem solving and risk management skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong MS Project background required.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus.