Careers at Diversified Communications US
We are located in downtown Portland, Maine, a city rich with culture, coastline and character. For more information about the Portland area, visit www.portlandmaine.com.
Discover what sets Diversified apart and makes it a great place to work. Diversified’s commitment to employee satisfaction is reflected in our generous benefit package.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Human Resources Department
121 Free Street, Portland, ME 04101At
The following job openings are available at this time:
Marketing Coordinator (Seafood Group)
We are seeking a Marketing Coordinator to join our growing company. This position is responsible for coordinating and delivering successful marketing campaigns, ideas, sales leads, and other activities for assigned products by executing and tracking direct marketing campaigns to attract audiences to trade shows and conferences; by supporting inbound marketing programs through increased visibility of online content to drive traffic to event and event websites; and by creating compelling copy for websites, landing pages, brochures, emails, etc. according to promotional schedule and ensure deadlines are met.
• Prepares and maintains annual promotion schedules for each show/conference and ensures deadlines are met
• Writes copy for print pieces, websites, press releases and other marketing pieces
• Coordinates the design and production process of promotional and collateral material
• Acts as liaison with industry associations, partners and media on event marketing efforts
• Reviews analyses of marketing surveys and market research on current and new product concepts in order to recommend future product development or use in forecasting future marketing needs
• Expand visitor and exhibitor database
• Works closely with Customer Insights and Analytics to identify areas of overlap between shows, new market segments, key buyers, and other areas of audience growth
• Creates advertising schedules for each event
• Tracks and analyzes results of marketing programs and recommends strategy adjustments
• Coordinates activities of off-site public relations and advertising agencies, database suppliers, list brokers and vendors
• Provides post event reports, analysis and regular status reports on marketing programs
• Other tasks as assigned
The ideal candidate will be a proactive and a forward-thinking team player who is detailed-oriented, organized to manage multiple projects and deadlines, and able to work across department with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Knowledge: Degree in marketing, communication or related discipline; experience in B2B marketing; experience in international marketing a plus. Skills: Proficiency in MS Office; knowledge of Joomla, Google analytics.
Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
We’re looking for a seasoned financial professional with experience with global operations who can guide our growth and expansion efforts while overseeing the day-to-day financial operations of the organization, someone who collaborates well with the Senior Management Team and effectively manages our banking and audit relationships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Financial Reports:Determines appropriate level and detail of reports needed for all financial statement readers. Determines appropriate level and detail for budgets.
- Treasury Operations:Negotiates all bank loan agreements. Monitors investing activities and, with the Corporate Controller, determines investment policy. Develops and oversees management of foreign currency risk.
- Business Development Role:Works closely with Business Development in reviewing or preparing financial projections for launches and acquisitions. Reviews legal documents with other staff and corporate legal counsel. Coordinates joint due diligence responsibilities with DC’s Business Development team, DC’s Finance Dept. and operating management.
The CFO is responsible for leadership in the following areas:
- Accounting and Finance Departments in the home office.
- Legal – In House Counsel
- This position also oversees the strategic, tactical and financial operations of the organization’s Broadcasting Division.
REQUIREMENTS for this position include:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in financial operations at a senior management level
- Seasoned problem solver with strong analytical skills, superior listening, speaking, presentation and writing skills
- Proven ability to integrate effectively and collaboratively with operational leaders in the organization
- Excellent team leader committed to growth and development of direct reports
- Committed, hard-working and team focused, results oriented, able to set and juggle priorities, self-directed
- Domestic and international travel required
- The ability to present numbers in a meaningful way to non-accounting and non-financial people.
- Excel spreadsheet expertise, with ability to build models and create report templates.
- Trustworthiness built on character and competence.
Attendee Sales Representative
We are seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated Attendee Sales Representative to help grow attendance at our integrative healthcare and seafood industry conferences. Utilizing out-bound sales tactics, this position is responsible for calling on attendee alumni, industry associations and organizations to create a steady pipeline of prospective attendees and persuasively convert them to conference attendees. This position will be responsible for client relationships, approaching prospects in a consultative manner to help drive leads and support sales efforts to reach assigned goals. Must have a demonstrated history of success in selling in a business-to-business environment through phone and email prospecting.
Desired Skills and Experience:
The ideal candidate should possess a high level of energy, outgoing personality, the ability to juggle several projects at one time and have a knack for researching new data sources by mining existing database, analyzing competitors events and directories and social media sites in order to create a solid prospect list and grow registrants. Knowledge of the medical or seafood industry a plus. Eagerness to attend assigned events in order to educate prospects about the benefit of conference attendance will be key to a successful conversion rate. Experience with a CMS (Contact Management system such as Salesforce) preferred. Travel to industry events required.