Careers at Diversified Business Communications US
We are located in downtown Portland, Maine, a city rich with culture, coastline and character. For more information about the Portland area, visit www.portlandmaine.com.
Discover what sets Diversified apart and makes it a great place to work. Diversified’s commitment to employee satisfaction is reflected in our generous benefit package.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Human Resources Department
Diversified Business Communications
121 Free Street, Portland, ME 04101
The following job openings are available at this time:
Lead Generation Specialist
Entry level sales support role responsible for following up on all leads and setting appointments for sales reps to demonstrate company websites.
• Timely follow up on leads, inquiries and referrals
• Make outbound calls to introduce websites and schedule demos
• Work with sales on lead-gen email program
• Set 20+ demos each week
Provides administrative support to the revenue generation team and sales management, and is responsible for lead-gen administration.
• Provide administrative support to sales executives
• Responsible for lead-gen email deployment to targeted lists in Salesforce
• Assigns leads to sales team based on territory
• Assist with preparation of presentations and proposals for sales team
• Assist with preparation and tracking of proposals, before and after submission
• Compile sales reports including forecasts, activity, closings, pipeline, follow-up
• Capture of accurate and complete information in Salesforce and/or other databases
• Train and assist the sales team with Salesforce
• Participate in sales meetings
• Organize trade shows, including working with sponsor, shipping materials and travel to show
• Submit job ads for sales positions
Diversified Communications, a Portland-based international company is seeking an experienced and self-motivated Senior Accountant to join the Finance & Treasury team.
The candidate must have superior communication and organizational skills and be comfortable working in a collaborative team environment. Key responsibilities include daily cash reconciliations; weekly electronic payments and transmission of files to the bank; monthly financial statement preparation; account reconciliations and analysis; projections, budgets, and variance reports; and various other finance and treasury team projects.
The ideal candidate will hold an accounting degree and have a minimum of two years of related experience in either public or non-public accounting. A solid understanding of accounting principles and internal controls is required, and experience in cash management, payroll, and working with foreign currencies is a definite plus. Candidate should demonstrate proficiency in Excel, and have an aptitude for various accounting software and systems - Dynamics, Microsoft Forecaster, Management Reporter, FRx Reporter, Longview Solutions CPM, and FAS – Fixed Asset System.
Sales Representative – Integrative Healthcare Symposium & IntegrativePractitioner.com
We are seeking an experienced, self-motivated media sales professional to handle integrated media sales for an established event, a newly launched event and an online property in the integrative healthcare space. The successful candidate will work with both existing clients, as well as identifying and building new sales opportunities through phone and email prospecting. This position will be responsible for client relationships, approaching prospects in a consultative manner to determine marketing objectives and needs, and driving sales of exhibit booths, event sponsorships, and online advertising and lead generation products. The ideal candidate should possess a high level of energy, outgoing personality, the ability to juggle several projects at one time, be deadline driven and results oriented, and have a demonstrated history of success in selling in a business-to-business environment. Experience in the healthcare market a plus. Travel to industry events required.
Project Manager, Software Development
Diversified Communications is looking for a talented and dedicated individual to join our Project Management Office as a Project Manager. This role will be responsible for managing projects in support of software development, data integrations, system implementations and other associated technology initiatives. A qualified candidate will have experience managing technology projects using proven project management methodologies to ensure time, scope and cost objectives are successfully achieved.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
• Drive projects from conception to completion, managing all aspects including: scope definition, timeline planning, resource allocation, budget management, change control, risk management and communication.
• Use proven project management methodologies to ensure that time, scope and cost objectives are successfully achieved.
• Partner with business units and technical teams to develop project plans and define strategy, timeline, scope, resource requirements, cost requirements and areas of risk.
• Act as a liaison to the business, translating project goals and objectives to technical plans, requirements and process changes.
• Champion a culture of change to ensure business impacts are well defined, understood and embraced.
• Manage change to project scope through accepted change control processes.
• Monitor and report on project quality to management, stakeholders and sponsors, keeping all informed of the status and aware of changes in a timely manner.
• Balance competing priorities and resource conflicts to achieve goals and objectives across multiple projects.
• Identify project risks and manage effectively ensuring that that the correct approach or mitigation strategy is in place based on the situation.
• Ensure that roles, responsibilities, deadlines, objectives and expectations are understood by all project team members and stakeholders.
• Influence without direct authority and gain support needed to effectively lead technology and business team members.
• 3-5 years’ experience managing enterprise level software development and technology projects, or a comparable combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated ability to apply project management methodologies to effectively drive multiple projects to completion.
• Significant experience building project plans, timelines, work structures, risk mitigation strategies, scope management reports, communication plans and change management plans.
• Experience managing several project teams simultaneously and influencing without direct authority.
• Ability to create effective written materials including: communication plans, status reports, presentations, schedules, resource utilization models, task lists, analytical diagrams and charts.
• Exposure to gathering and documenting business requirements, reviewing solutions, analyzing business processes and systems.
• Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources to translate them into well organized, detailed requirements or business rules.
• Effective problem solving and risk management skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong MS Project background required.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus.
Along with the Conference Project Manager, the Conference Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all conferences and conference related activity for group events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitis:
- Assists Conference Manager and Marketing team in the promotion of conference program.
- Assists and supports the Conference Project Manager by following up with speakers and moderators on deadlines for materials, tracking travel arrangements, fees and expenses, arranging for graphics, visual aids and special props and handouts.
- Assists with the coordination of all continuing education programs
- Works with operations and facilities to schedule rooms, setups and AV.
- Assists project manager in coordinating on-site services.
- Tracks projects and ensures that deadlines are met.
- Assists Conference Project Manager with operations, and trade show services to ensure accurate communications and optimal customer service.
- Provides ongoing customer service for conference prospects and participants.
- Assists in proofing and editing of conference promotional materials and website.
- Assists Conference Project Manager in assuring all necessary support is provided to moderators and presenters prior to and during the event.
- Along with Conference Project Manager, coordinates pre-show and onsite logistics and registration procedures.
- Develops expertise in specific computer software programs and provides training to onsite show temporary workers as needed.
- May assist in content updates/newsletter production for e-media product(s) as needed
- Serves, on-site, as a member of the show management team to coordinate the conference program specifically, and to assist the show management team wherever needed.
This position requires a minimum of one to two years of conference/event coordination experience and preferably the candidate has a Bachelor’s Degree.
Successful candidates will have:
- Ability to multi-task and excellent time management skills.
- Strong project management skills
- Attention to detail.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and non-verbal.
- Ability to work independently.
- A strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
- Strong customer service experience.
The position will require ability to travel to several events per year.
Customer Service Administrative Assistant
Diversified Business Communications is seeking a Customer Service Administrative Assistant to join our growing company. This position will assist the Administrative Professionals Conference team and will provide front-line customer service assistance to our Attendee Sales team, Conference and Training customers, and the Project Manager.
This full time, entry-level position is ideal for an adaptable and energetic team player who excels in high-level customer service, can tackle numerous administrative projects, demonstrates quick problem solving skills, and has the ability to quickly learn several computer applications.
Key Areas of Responsibility will include:
• Responsible for all customer service communications (telephone, email) for conference, product websites, and online training portal
• Process registration payments for conference and training courses and provide timely follow up to all customers
• Provide weekly registration reports to team
• Responsible for administrative aspects of member websites and social media updates/posting
• Responsible for credit tracking, approval, and overall administrative aspects for training program and processes
• Assists sales team with brochure requests, lead assistance, email/mailing list maintenance, pre- and onsite event assistance.
If you enjoy delivering excellent customer service and multi-tasking in a demanding, fast paced environment, this is the job for you. The ideal candidate will have strong customer service and administrative experience, solid knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook), excellent communication skills and enjoy working in a team environment. Some travel will be required.
Marketing Coordinator, IOFM
This key support position assists the Marketing Manager with the implementation of marketing and strategic plans to meet goals and objectives of the Marketing Department.
The core responsibilities will include:
Execute and track direct marketing campaigns to attract audiences to trade shows, conferences and online publishing sites. Coordinate direct marketing campaigns that deliver leads to the sales teams. Support inbound marketing programs through increased visibility of online content, including social media sites, that drives traffic to event and product sites. Create compelling copy for websites, landing pages, brochures, emails, etc. The Marketing Coordinator will work with internal team members and freelancers to create a range of print and electronic marketing materials.
- Proactive in approach to work flow and problem solving.
- Organized – ability to track and move projects to completion, on schedule.
- Multi-tasking is a critical skill.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. This person will be interacting with a wide audience.
- Aptitude to write copy – when given direction, has the ability to develop and edit content for existing and new campaigns.
- Ability to effectively work across departments to get the job done.
- Proficient with Word and Excel.
- Willingness to take on new projects and re-prioritize throughout marketing campaign
- Is comfortable learning new online platforms (CMS, email marketing, etc.)
- Customer Service – must have the ability to respond to a variety of requests, questions, and issues.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated IT professional who can strategically design, implement and develop solutions for MS SQL Server databases across the organization. Will also design, develop and maintain ETLs across multiple systems.
Administrative duties, shared with other members on the team, include ability to install, monitor, patch, maintain, and performance tune production databases while ensuring high levels of data availability.
This individual is also responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of databases and their accompanying software.
You will be working in a team environment with emphasis on collaboration and pride of purpose.
Technical requirements include:
• 3+ years of hands-on experience developing for and administering MS SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2008 databases.
• Hands-on experience creating ETL processes using SSIS, accepting data from various sources such as CSV, XML, and web services.
• T-SQL, writing queries, views, stored procedures and functions.
• Experience with SSRS or similar reporting tool.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Certifications in Microsoft SQL Server preferred.
• Experience with MySQL a plus.
Business requirements include:
• Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
• Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to conduct research into database issues, standards and products.
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
• Able to prioritize and execute assigned tasks.
• Results-oriented and self-starter demeanor expected, along with adherence to team development standards.
Customer Service Representative
Diversified Business Communications is seeking a Customer Service Representative to join our Customer Service team. This position will provide front-line customer service and support to exhibiting companies and internal and external customers for our trade shows and conferences by supporting, problem solving, and maintaining all customer service aspects of assigned events through computer applications, email correspondence and telephone related activities.
This full time, entry-level position is ideal for an adaptable and energetic team player who can tackle numerous administrative projects, a wide variety of data entry tasks, heavy customer communications and correspondence via phone and email with ease and competence.
If you enjoy delivering excellent customer service and multi-tasking in a demanding, fast paced environment, this is the job for you. The ideal candidate will have strong customer service experience, solid knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook), excellent communication skills and enjoy working in a team environment. Fluency in a foreign language a strong plus! Travel will be required.