Careers at Diversified Communications US
We are located in downtown Portland, Maine, a city rich with culture, coastline and character. For more information about the Portland area, visit www.portlandmaine.com.
Discover what sets Diversified apart and makes it a great place to work. Diversified’s commitment to employee satisfaction is reflected in our generous benefit package.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Human Resources Department
121 Free Street, Portland, ME 04101
The following job openings are available at this time:
Exhibit Sales Manager
Diversified Communications is seeking a highly motivated, experienced sales manager to support the overall leadership and supervision of the Portland based and international Seafood sales team for global events, online media and publication. The successful candidate needs to be global minded, have exceptional communication and relationship building skills along with well- developed decision making skills.
This challenging and dynamic role will require the following skill set:
- Leads team in developing revenue opportunities, growing events and media properties with a global customer and prospect base
- Sets sales goals for the department and each team member
- Develops tracking plans for sales goals
- Manages sales activities for the team including prospecting, maintaining sales quotas and building account relationships
- Supports the sales team with key accounts and sales calls
- Develops sponsorship and product packages for events, online media and publication
- Team building, coaching, motivating sales team
- Staff development, conduct performance appraisals, performance management
- Hiring sales professionals
- Department budgeting and tracking of revenue
- Well versed in Microsoft Office and CMS systems
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally a must.
If you are a top sales producer, relish providing leadership and direction towards the achievement of maximum sales goals while delivering an outstanding experience to our exhibitors- please send your resume to:
Marketing Analytics Administrators (2 Openings)
Diversified Communications is seeking two Marketing Analytics Administrators to join our growing Marketing Analytics team. Among the many things we do, the Analytics Team strives to find the story behind the data and help Diversified’s product portfolio grow stronger. If you feel that sounds like you then we’d like to hear from you. These key, entry-level positions will support and assist the Analytics team in our marketing execution and analysis for internal product groups.
Key Responsibilities will include:
• Report creation and distribution
• Email and URL testing
• Source code/GUI administration
• Multi-channel list preparation
• Work-Order processing and management
• Marketing data management
• Miscellaneous projects as needed
The ideal candidate will have strong attention to detail, a high level of organization, excellent communication skills, and the ability to prioritize projects. In addition, candidates will have a strong understanding of MS Excel (graphs, charts, pivots and functions). General knowledge of web-based applications and the internet is expected as well as general proficiency in other Microsoft Office applications such as Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Previous work experience with MS Access, marketing automation software (ExactTarget, Marketo) or analytics tools (Cognos, Alterian) is a plus.
Marketing & Sales Administrator – SPAR/Commercial Marine Group
Diversified Communications is seeking a Marketing & Sales Administrator to join our growing company. This position will assist the SPAR Marketing Manager and the Commercial Marine Sales Director by providing assistance to support the sales and conference programming team.
Key Responsibilities will include:
• Provide tactical support for marketing product conferences and editorial websites.
• Maintain annual promotions schedule, traffic jobs, act as liaison with design/production.
• Execute barter deals with associations and media.
• Set up monthly premium webinars/reports in CMS.
• Coordinate webinar and whitepaper marketing and prepare registrant lists for sponsors and in-house marketing.
• Contribute to website maintenance including posting updates and logos.
• Assist in writing copy for websites, press releases and promotions.
• Monitor/post to social media on daily basis; support growth of social media presence.
• Distribute press releases through wire service and social media, post to sites.
• Proof marketing pieces.
• Supply/verify calendar listings.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Perform data entry projects and competitive show analysis.
• Organize and maintain customer applications and fulfillment.
The ideal candidate must be highly organized, detail-oriented, energetic and adaptable team player who can juggle multiple tasks, multiple products and quickly and proficiently learn numerous platforms and processes in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. 2 years of work experience (marketing a plus), Joomla (or similar CMS experience), MS Office, social media, inbound marketing (Google Ad Works, LinkedIn, etc). Some travel may be required.
Project Manager, Software Development
Diversified Communications is looking for a talented and dedicated individual to join our Project Management Office as a Project Manager. This role will be responsible for managing projects in support of software development, data integrations, system implementations and other associated technology initiatives. A qualified candidate will have experience managing technology projects using proven project management methodologies to ensure time, scope and cost objectives are successfully achieved.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
• Drive projects from conception to completion, managing all aspects including: scope definition, timeline planning, resource allocation, budget management, change control, risk management and communication.
• Use proven project management methodologies to ensure that time, scope and cost objectives are successfully achieved.
• Partner with business units and technical teams to develop project plans and define strategy, timeline, scope, resource requirements, cost requirements and areas of risk.
• Act as a liaison to the business, translating project goals and objectives to technical plans, requirements and process changes.
• Champion a culture of change to ensure business impacts are well defined, understood and embraced.
• Manage change to project scope through accepted change control processes.
• Monitor and report on project quality to management, stakeholders and sponsors, keeping all informed of the status and aware of changes in a timely manner.
• Balance competing priorities and resource conflicts to achieve goals and objectives across multiple projects.
• Identify project risks and manage effectively ensuring that that the correct approach or mitigation strategy is in place based on the situation.
• Ensure that roles, responsibilities, deadlines, objectives and expectations are understood by all project team members and stakeholders.
• Influence without direct authority and gain support needed to effectively lead technology and business team members.
• 3-5 years’ experience managing enterprise level software development and technology projects, or a comparable combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated ability to apply project management methodologies to effectively drive multiple projects to completion.
• Significant experience building project plans, timelines, work structures, risk mitigation strategies, scope management reports, communication plans and change management plans.
• Experience managing several project teams simultaneously and influencing without direct authority.
• Ability to create effective written materials including: communication plans, status reports, presentations, schedules, resource utilization models, task lists, analytical diagrams and charts.
• Exposure to gathering and documenting business requirements, reviewing solutions, analyzing business processes and systems.
• Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources to translate them into well organized, detailed requirements or business rules.
• Effective problem solving and risk management skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong MS Project background required.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus.